2021 St. Croix Youth Summit
*The event has already taken place on this date: Thu, 04/22/2021
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
This dynamic conference is for middle and high school students who want to learn about the environmental issues and challenges facing the watershed they live in and take action to make a difference.
Attendees will learn about:
- The incredible ecology of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, the first Wild and Scenic River National Park.
- The origin of Earth Day and its founder, former Wisconsin Senator Gaylord Nelson.
- Inspiring stories of youth advocates and what you can do to take action in protecting our environment, both locally and globally.
- Invasive species in our region and their impact on native habitat.
- Macroinvertebrates and what they tell us about water quality.
- …and more!
Natalie Warren, Author of Hudson Bay Bound
Natalie intertwines environmental and social speculations, challenges she faced on her 2,000 mile journey, and heartwarming stories to tell of her historic paddle expedition and the enduring wonder of the wilderness.
Join Re-Earth Initiative's international members Fatima-Zahrae, Nala, and Theresa as they explore topics such as their roots in climate activism, the work of Re-Earth Initiative, and the importance of water conservation.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.